Career Opportunity-- Arborist Tree Climber
K Thomas Lawson LLC in Charlottesville, Virginia is looking for an experienced Arborist Tree Climber to join our growing team! The ideal candidate will have 3-5 (or more) years of relatable experience and a natural love for the outdoors. Experience must be with rope and saddle, not just climbing with spikes.
Most days you’ll be helping our clients maintain and beautify their trees and shrubs. We expect you to work hard, consistently, and have a valid driver’s license and transportation. In return, you get to be part of a great team, be rewarded with good pay, and receive the respect and recognition you deserve. We can help teach you as much about arboriculture as you wish to learn and provide opportunities for industry certifications. Ready to join our team as an Arborist Climber?
Arborist Tree Climbers work on our General Tree Care teams. GTC climbers help prune and remove trees and shrubs, install support and lightning-protection systems, and more. Candidates with ISA or TCIA certifications are preferred and/or will be given preference. Pay is based on previous experience.
Arborist Tree Climber Responsibilities
- Extensive knowledge and proper use of safe and various tree climbing techniques.
- Safely and consistently perform all types of small and large tree care pruning.
- Safely and consistently perform simple and technical tree removals using conventional rigging techniques.
- Safely and consistently perform simple and technical crane-assisted tree removals.
- All responsibilities associated with Arborist Trainee (aka grounds person).
- Strict adherence to all industry and company safety protocols.
- Consistent and proper use of all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Clearly and respectfully communicate with all crew members, manager, and clients.
- Safely and courteously drive company vehicles, as qualified, to maintain a good company image.
- Maintain assigned company gear.
- Complete and maintain annual training programs as directed.
- Learns to identify the basic trees and shrubs common to the service area.
- Maintain a composed, respectful and positive attitude toward all fellow employees, clients and working situations…. at all times.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrate flexibility to take on additional tasks as assigned.
Arborist Tree Climber Qualifications
- 3-5 years of tree climbing experience.
- Willingness to become an ISA certified Arborist if not already certified.
- Must have a valid Virginia driver’s license; Can pass a company-administered Driving Test.
- Has experience driving articulated truck and trailer hauling 8K-11K lbs.
- Must demonstrate a basic understanding of tree biology or a desire to understand and learn more.
- Must show relevant experience and provide references of previous tree climbing jobs.
- Demonstrates sound tree risk assessment knowledge.
- Demonstrates equipment inspection skills.
- Demonstrates proper application of approved knots.
- Must be willing and able to work in all outdoor weather conditions all year round.
- Hourly position from $18-30/hr, based on experience.
- Small company with room for advancement based on interests and skills
- End of year Bonus
- Ongoing professional development for personal and professional skill building
- Paid sick and Holiday after 60 days.
Submit Your Work History Or Resume And Introduce Yourself In A Cover Letter
Christine Brodmerkel, Owner
K Thomas Lawson LLC is a safe and healthy company for our employees, clients and our community. Applicants will be asked for a Motor Vehicle Record, Background Check and Pre-hire Drug Screen.
K Thomas Lawson LLC is a tree care company located in the green rolling hills of central Virginia, delivering high quality tree care since 2001. The owner, K Thomas Lawson began working in the industry over 30 years ago and became the 305th Certified Arborist by the International Society of Arboriculture in 1989. Our company provides pruning and tree removal services for large and small trees, stump removal, and tree conservation measures to prolong the life of a tree. We service both residential and commercial customers in urban areas and the outlying counties.
Our tree care company is known for excellent customer service by all staff, safe working procedures, and quality tree work. We are privileged to work with deeply appreciative customers who recognize the value of trees and tree conservation. We are a non-smoking company.
We are located in picturesque central Virginia with an abundance of educational and outdoor recreational opportunities and a thriving urban culture with a variety of music venues, micro breweries, vineyards, collegiate sports, farmer's markets and opportunities to meet people. www.charlottesville.org/ and www.c-ville.com/living/
Return to Careers Page
Learn more about our Charlottesville Tree Service
Return to Home Page
powered by NiceJob